Thursday, September 27, 2007

New Story

I have just started working on the third story, and it is slow going. I wrote an earlier draft, but I am not happy with it, and am starting over from scratch, trying to get the tone and voice right. The printed copy of the last draft lies on the desk next to my notebook. I'm a little over half a handwritten page into the thing, and I have little need to do more than glance at the thing. But it is slow. The voice is taking work to do, and I feel like I am fighting against a mountain right now, trying to get as much of it right without really knowing what it is going towards. I just know that I like what is down so far, and I am trying to take my time, so I don't mess it up and have to start over. No end in sight though. I hate starting new stuff. It's so...consuming.

No comments: